Discover Stripes! Warm and Cozy Thermals for Everyone.
Thermals are the ideal next-to-skin garment for any outdoor adventure or just for keeping warm on those cold days & nights. The idea of a thermal is to transfers perspiration from your body to the outside of the garment so it can evaporate – creating a warm, dry personal ‘climate control zone’ and preventing post-exercise chill.
Why is Polypropylene good for you and your Kids?
Soft and comfortable to wear
- Non-allergenic, making them itch free
- Polypropylene has the best thermal properties of any known fiber - natural or man made, making it extremely breathable making it ideal in changing weather.
- Lowest moisture retainment (minimal absorption) - hygienic, garments stay light ‘n’ dry
- As a man-made fabric, polypropylene is durable, color-fast, non-staining, and will not shrinking keeping its shape forever.
- Dries super quickly
- Unlike some other man-made fibers, Polypropylene does not use chemical coatings to enhance performance
- Color pigments are locked into the Polypropylene fiber, so the yarn does not need to be dyed (no heavy metals, or other harmful by-products as used dyeing/processing)
- ‘Chemically inert’
- Stripes fabric are 175 grams per square meter, making it a denser and warmer.
Where do we source our skin safe and eco friendly Polypropylene from?
Stripes Gear superior quality starts with the fabric we used. This is why we have partner with a New Zealand family-based company. Their fabrics have been developed and refined over the last 20 years to maximize performance and warmth.
We look for partners that provide a safe and clean environment for their employees, a company that supports their workers with minimum or above minimum wages. A company that is community minded and support their local communities.
Why is Merino Wool good for you and your Kids?
Merino is warm and cozy and a natural fibre
- Not all wool is prickly, heavy and lumpy. Our Merino feels soft, lightweight and anti-static.
- Merino keeps you exceptionally warm, insulating instead of trapping heat. Merino has a natural crimp in the fibre. This crimp traps air in these pockets around the body, keeping you warmer for longer.
- Merino wool is so breathable that it’s also antibacterial, meaning it’s capable of keeping unwanted odors at bay. Say goodbye to body odors because this wool can keep you less sweaty and odor-free.
- Merino Wool Doesn’t Stretch or Sag, the natural elasticity of merino wool fibers allows garments to stretch and then return to their original shape, preventing sagging and bagging.
Where do we source our skin safe and eco-friendly Merino Wool from?
Unfortunately, a lot people think Merino Wool is still manufactured in New Zealand, this is not the case, in recent years the last merino wool factory closed down, forcing suppliers to look at offshore solution for the knitting of Premium Merino Wool. This is the world we live in, but Stripes Gear ensures the merino fabrics produced by our supplier (in Vietnam) has a MAPP guarantee. MAPP merino is produced in a 'free range' farming systems and are environmentally friendly, producing superb quality merino. The suppliers we use are also a Bluesign System Partner, which ensures harmful substances are eliminated from the manufacture and dying process. Strict guidelines are followed throughout the entire manufacturing process to ensure environmental responsibility and the use of sustainable processes.
This not only ensures that the final textile product meets very stringent consumer safety requirements worldwide but also provides confidence to the consumer to acquire a sustainable product. For more information visit their website: https://www.bluesign.com/